Dayton Ohio Self-Storage
Whether you’re moving to Dayton or have been living in the city for quite some time, you may find yourself with some extra belongings needing a place to stay — a place out of the way and hassle-free. This is where self-storage comes into play, and who better to work with than a family-operated company who treats you like, well, family?
With more than 70 years of experience, our professionals at Lewis & Michael have provided quality service. We are fully licensed and insured with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). And, for your peace of mind, we maintain secure facilities with plenty of space.
Our Dayton storage facilities consist of 365 units, including climate-controlled storage and RV parking. When you store with Lewis & Michael, you have 24/7 access to your items, and your items have 24/7 security with our surveillance cameras stationed throughout the facility.
Benefits of Self-Storage
Choosing a self-storage facility allows you to clear space in your home while making room for more of the people and things you love. While warehouse storage offers space for industrial needs, self-storage is ideal for small businesses, families or individuals who can freely access their unit as desired.
What are some benefits of our self-storage? Consider the following:
- Money-saving: Instead of spending thousands on building a new shed or garage, a self-storage space can offer a more cost-effective option centered around your budget.
- Declutter: Self-storage can be used to help you stage your home for sale or simply free up space.
- Easily accessible: Having a self-storage unit allows you to make up your own access hours, coming and going as you please. There is no need to make appointments or rely on others for assistance.
- Out of sight: When you purchase a storage unit, you not only free up space in your garage or basement, but you don’t have the need to build additional storage sheds, barns or other like places to make room for your things at your home location.
- Temporary: Self-storage is perfect for when you just need to store items for a short period of time. The amount of time your items are stored is up to you.
Preparing for Storage
Perhaps you have decided self-storage is a great option for you right now, but how do you choose where to store your items? Take a step back and write a list of all the things you plan to keep in your unit and for how long. This will help you to better understand your storage needs.
Before choosing your storage unit, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I need a temperature-controlled or climate-controlled unit?
- How much space do I need to store my items?
- What kind of security does the storage company have?
- Do I need 24/7 access to my unit?
After you have answered these questions, create a list of reliable companies in your area and begin to compare their benefits and services. You’ll find Lewis & Michael at the top of the the list.
Do’s and Don’ts of Self-Storage:
When choosing to use self-storage units, it’s important to note a few tips, tricks and general guidelines when using either long term or short term storage:
- Use climate-controlled units for furniture.
- Use furniture drawers to store delicate items and specially wrap and label them as “fragile.” Place blankets, towels, etc. in large appliances, such as refrigerators or stoves, to maximize space.
- Bubble wrap and packing paper are excellent for this purpose.
- Use similar sized boxes. They will be easier to stack. Create aisles when storing business files so files are easily accessible and seen.
- Drain fluids when storing lawn and garden equipment to avoid corrosive damage.
- Always use high-quality locks on your unit. Locks are available for sale — just ask the site manager for a recommendation.
- Label all boxes on all sides.
- Clean appliances before storing. Leave doors open on refrigerators and microwaves to prevent mildew.
- Store furniture on pallets or boards, and use climate-controlled units only.
- Rub a small amount of oil on metal tools, bikes, etc. This will prevent rust. Keep these items separate so the oil does not get on other things.
- Store mirrors and paintings on end; don’t lay them flat. Wrap and label them as “Fragile,” and use only climate-controlled units.
- Store anything combustible (such as chemicals or paint) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed).
- Stack items directly against the wall, or on the floor, to leave room for some air flow in the unit.
- Place mothballs in boxes. They could leave stains on clothing.
- Give untrustworthy sources access codes or keys to your storage unit.
Storage Supplies for Sale
When choosing self-storage with Lewis & Michael, we not only provide top-quality customer service, but we offer storage supplies for your convenience.
Supplies available for purchase include:
- Locks: $15.00
- Book Box: $1.50
- Medium Box: $2.50
- Large Box: $3.50
- Extra Large Box: $3.35
- Dish Pack:$5.50
- 2 piece Wardrobe: $13.10
- 2 piece Mirror Box: $6.30
- Tape :$2.30
Reserve a Unit
Our Lewis & Michael family is prepared to assist you in your self-storage needs. We are fully licensed and insured and even have an A+ rating from the BBB. In short, you can trust us, and we pride ourselves on our top-quality service. You’ll find Lewis & Michael right at the top.
Are you ready to reserve your self-storage unit today? Contact us today at (937) 252-6683.